1. Watch the whole musical/movie-so you know exactly who you are. You are not just singing one song from the musical. You are HER.
2. Well use of different onset/sound/dynamics
3. Strong breathing support (appear effortless but the whole body is in action)
4. Full on costume and make up that you are exactly “HER, the character”
5. Careful design and choreograph the best use of the stage space
All the technical work should be prepared prior. On the stage , you only need to think about these:
“I am Lydia from Beetlejuice (insert your character name)”
“I totally love this and you totally love me”