SICK OF PROCRASTINATING? HERE ARE THE 5 EASY WAYS TO HELP YOU DEVELOP LASTING GOOD HABITS.
Atomic habits by James Clear
Habit share app
I knew Leo from his high school years at Mosman High School in the 90s.
Now a dad with 3 boys aged 14, 12 and 10 he works extensively with boys at school as teacher and pastor.
Leo’s advice to parents:
1. When you pick the school for kids, pick the principal.
2. Know your kids' friends and engineer your kids to the right friends.
3. Learn to understand your own emotion is the best you can do as a parent.
4. Don’t be your kids’ friend. Never be the cool dad. You just need to be a dad.
5. Do not overestimate what you can do in a year but at the same time do not underestimate what you can do in 10 years. We tackle issues on bullying, depression, substances abused and parenting.
It’s very inspiring and (entertaining too) to hear from the perspective and advice from a cool Pastor Leo Chen.
Pastor Leo’s church:
Season 2 Ep 17 Perfect Parenting? Oh, Forget it. (Chit-Chat with Ms Yen on modern kids issues and strategies) Darling what did you say podcast
Ilhea Yen is the Headteacher of Canterbury Girls High School. A mother of two age 16 and 13, she shared with us her perspective and advice to parents and the kids. “There is no perfect parenting. Lets give up on that idea. Full stop.” she said.
It’s fascinating to hear about her teaching stories, ways of dealing with kids phone addiction and pocket money strategy.
Ms Yen has a YouTube channel that she talks to kids regularly about dealing with issues in life.
Click to set custom HTML
TERM 2 NEWSLETTER
Hope you guys are all happy and well with the quarantine!! We have not stepped out of the house since 15/March and I basically can write a book about all kinds of delivery service across Sydney. Hahahahaha
1. Just to let you know that we won’t be back face to face lessons until early August (term 3) I have kids turning up at my door already!! Good to know you are keen but I think we shall still be careful and wait till term 3.
Some of you kids have sent me the videos so I have done a quarantine singing project “if the world was ending”. It’s super fun and heart warming, here it is the link:
2. I have recorded many episodes with the kids about their quarantine life. If you are interested to listen to our random conversation, here you go:
3. Susie’s top 3 can’t live without delivery service in Sydney (in case you don’t want to get outside for grocery either)
1. (Grocery) Wesfresh Online. https://www.wesfreshonline.com.au/#/
2. (Meat) https://wagyubeefaustralia.com.au/
3. (Bakery) https://stmalobakery.com/
Stay safe, Sing and Smile!
Quarantine life is kinda boring. So we decide to do a song together.
Stay safe, Sing and Smile!
In order of appearance:
Kate St Julian
Season 2 Episode 16 (Darling what did you say podcast)
In this episode, we have recordings of LIVE performances and original songs.
17-year-old Brianna was born in San Diego, CA and has been classically piano and violin from age 5. She has won numerous competitions in piano, violin and voice and is looking forward to starting her University at the acclaimed Berklee College of Music this Sep.
Well-spoken, talented and very humble Brianna shared with us her advice to parents about practice routine, the steps of putting her music on Spotify
and the inspirations behind her original songs.
Brianna’s performance in the podcast:
1. Solo Piano Excerpt: Sonata in C, op 13 L.V Beethoven
2. Original Song: Chichi
3. Solo Violin Excerpt: Saint Saens Violin Concerto no 3
4. Original Song: Beautiful Rose
5. You are the reason with Alyssa Loschiavo & Leona Lewis
6. Original Song: Back to you
You can find “Darling what did you say “ podcast episode on, Apple podcast, Spotify, google podcast, iTunes, Podbean, Castbox, Overcast, iheartradio and tuneIn.