I knew Leo from his high school years at Mosman High School in the 90s.
Now a dad with 3 boys aged 14, 12 and 10 he works extensively with boys at school as teacher and pastor.
Leo’s advice to parents:
1. When you pick the school for kids, pick the principal.
2. Know your kids' friends and engineer your kids to the right friends.
3. Learn to understand your own emotion is the best you can do as a parent.
4. Don’t be your kids’ friend. Never be the cool dad. You just need to be a dad.
5. Do not overestimate what you can do in a year but at the same time do not underestimate what you can do in 10 years. We tackle issues on bullying, depression, substances abused and parenting.
It’s very inspiring and (entertaining too) to hear from the perspective and advice from a cool Pastor Leo Chen.
Pastor Leo’s church: