This is worth watching.
I especially like the "don't have a dream. just set little short term goals and do very very well" and " don't rush" " don't panic, you will soon be dead"
I love Tim Minchin (he wrote the musical Matilda). funny, talent, wise man. Such good content, awesome speaker and such charisma.
1. You don't have to have a dream (have goals)
2. don't seek happiness (make someone else happy)
3. It's all luck (being born is luck)
4. Exercise (workout)
5. Be hard on your opinions
6. Be a teacher (share ideas, rejoice what you learn and spray it)
7. Defined yourself by what you love not what you hate (be pro-stuff not anti-stuff)
8. Respect people less power than you
9. Don't rush don't panic (learn as much as you can about as much as you can)
The impromptu speech topic last night was “what is the belief that you have that’s not supported by others”? My answer is, I believe even with an accent and has English as second language one can still beat native speakers on public speaking. There is nothing you can’t do with hard work.
I won both.
Its not easy. I disappeared from Instagram for days and watched so many YouTube from best speakers around the world, I attended all the speaking events in Sydney and practiced tonight’s speech 50 times on video and on audio.
Do things that make you feel happy, work very hard and do it very very well. #bilingual#publicspeakingtips #dowhatyoulovewell #toastmasters #tabletopicscontest