For personal reasons, I take quarantine way more serious than others.
What 4 months quarantine taught me:
1. Music heals the soul
I dig out cello and Chinese harp from the storage and start playing again. 30 mins of piano and singing every single day. We form a instrumental group so when the world opens again we will meet each other and play regularly. “If the world was ending” singing collaboration with my students and podcast listeners is extremely fun too.
2. Life needs routine
Habit share app with my habit share group is extremely helpful. Balance relaxation with productivity.
3. Who are the important people
Keep your family and friends close. As long as everyone is safe and well, nothing else matters.
4. What you need in life is not as much as you think
I used to look out for new investments or products all the time. Now you realize all you need is food and happy mood.
5. Unexpected opportunities.
I never think quarantine will bring out new adventures. Now with zoom lessons I have students from Dubai, Taiwan and USA. It makes me design new ways of teaching and connect with students in different part of the world.
6. Quarantine doesn’t mean isolation. We have Susie’s monthly zoom book club, fortnight toastmaster club, friends coffee zoom catch up. When you have WiFi, the world is your oyster.
We will start face to face in week 4 term 3 （Maybe. We will see) Zoom kids I will see you from tomorrow. A big air hug and kiss from Susie.
Stay safe and keep well darlings!
Seven Ways Finland Gets Education Right-Conversation with Mr Jorma Hatunen (Darling what did you say Podcast)
Finland is a home to one of the highest performing education system in the world. This episode Jorma from Finland chats with us about their inspiring education system.
1. Children in Finland don’t begin Education till age 7.
2. Guaranteed free child care and education.
3. Shorter school hours and school days.
4. No homework and no test.
5. Great respect and trust to teachers.
6. Children are taught by the best and brightest teachers. Teaching is a selective profession. Only 1 in QV is accepted into teaching program.
7. Entire system focus on play and encouraging love of learning. (Photo by Sharon McCutcheon)
The Fabulous life of a 9 year old Model/Actress/Singer/Pianist Chanelle Wilson
Chanelle has been doing modelling since age 3 and she shares with us about her experience and all the fun things about her life.
You will be amazed to see Chanelle’s collections of her dolls!!!
A well spoken bilingual girl, she talks about her love in piano, singing, Gymnastics and Taekwondo.
We record this episode via what’s app. Chanelle took us around the house to introduce her dolls in her bedroom, accompanied herself on the piano while singing to us.
Cute, hilarious conversation and a sneakpeek at 9 year old girl’s fabulous life!
Ladies and gentlemen, Miss Chanelle Wilson.
SECRETS TO BEING A PRODUCTIVE AND STRESS FREE YWASTE STARTUP FOUNDER-DONNY CHIEN
Ywaste is a business that connects food retailers of surplus food at the end of the day with consumers who want to pay cheap price on good quality food.
The business has reached massive success with over 700 partners all over Australia , reaching no 4 on the Australian app store.
1. You must realize that before you have results, people will give you their opinions. Find the right mentors who have done it before.
2. Setting priorities: Differentiate what’s urgent and what’s important
3. Develop structure and discipline in life